At First Blush (The Immortelle #2) - Abigail Hawk,  V.L. Dreyer This is the second in this series that I've had the pleasure of beta reading.

It's a good one. We're introduced to another faction of immortals that might just be the most interesting "beings" I've ever read. Move over vampires, shapeshifters, and other sexy creatures, we've got a new one, or rather a spin on an old myth with a little human evolution, and their envoy is just...delicious.

I'm not sure if it was Ms Hawk's intent, but it was the fairy tale allusion that sucked me in, but I'm a sucker for those. The romance between Cijal (swoon)and Dawn (and how I loved that she seemed a bit of a wilting flower, but no, not so much, she's just a Good Girl, unless the situation calls for otherwise) is just beautiful really.

We're still teased about the worlds of the Immortelle and introduced to some diplomatic relations between the Cabal and the Nereidis and we get to see William Logan again, and we get an answer from an unanswered question in the first book. I might actually reread the first book so that I can see Logan in this light.

But I have a feeling that we're supposed to still be cautious of the Cabal.

I think the only thing that this story lacked was a good shanking scene, but my morals might be dubious at best.

And I can't wait to see the cover for this one! I've got expectations. :P